We recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of information collected about visitors to our website, in particular information that is capable of identifying an individual (“personal information”).
- Information about visitors to our site is collected only when voluntarily submitted. For example, when supplying information in the quotation process to provide you with car insurance quotations based on your personal profile and specific vehicles and when providing payment information to enable us to activate your insurance cover.
- We collect, store and use this information to generate an estimated insurance quotation such as first name, surname, addresses, contact numbers, email addresses, ID numbers and vehicle details. We furthermore use payment information to enable us to collect premium by way of debit order once a quotation is accepted by you.
- The information obtained for the supply of a quotation and the payment information is collectively referred to as “Personal Information”.
- Your personal information is collected over a secure, encrypted network.
- Unless additionally stated at point of collection, any personal information that is submitted to our website is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for secondary purposes directly related to the primary purpose.
- We will not share your personal information with any other third parties, other than within our own group of companies, unless we are permitted or required to do so by law or you specifically instruct, or authorize, us to do so.
- A cookie stores information from the web browser that was sent to the web server and is stored on your local computer. This is then used by the server when you revisit a website. We may use persistent and session cookies on our website. These cookies allow us to provide you with an improved user experience on our website as well as for online advertising purposes.
- We also make use of Google Display Network advertising and remarketing advertising. This means that prior to and after visiting our website, you may see our online advertising banners on other website’s you visit.
- You are able to add, edit or delete interests and demographic data for personalization of Google Display Networks ads via the Ads Preference Manager
- We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our website, and we review and regularly update our security measures in line with available technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
- We do take all reasonable and available steps to protect the personal information you submit to us, both on the website and within our internal information systems. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged, by way of non-disclosure agreements, to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We will not, however, be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We make use of SSL technology to encrypt information transmitted from the website to our servers which are password protected and firewalled.
Access to information
- You have the right to request access to the personal information we have on record for you at any time and we are obliged to present you with such data upon request.
- You have the right to request that we correct any errors in information held about you.
Links to external sites
- We may provide links to websites outside of our website, as well as to third party websites. These sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to from our website.
- Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions and privacy statement of any website before submitting personal data.