What is Comprehensive insurance?
May 12, 2020
In uncertain times, it can pay to go pro when it comes to insurance. Maybe you have cover and you’d like to boost it. Maybe you’re choosing insurance for the first time. Either way, you’re not alone. Let’s unpack Comprehensive cover.
What exactly is Comprehensive Insurance?
This is the top-of-the-range cover you can get from a registered financial services provider.
It leaves much less to chance than any other cover options. Other options may be cheaper or offer cover in a more limited capacity. Comprehensive cover offers the widest range of cover and it generally carries a higher premium (monthly payment) that ticks all the boxes.
What does dotsure.co.za Comprehensive Life insurance cover?
If you’re after complete peace of mind for yourself and your loved ones, we suggest Comprehensive Life insurance which protects your personal finances should tragedy strike. It offers an added Terminal Illness benefit, that pays out up to 12 months* before death if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
e.g. Chike, a 31-year-old pharmacist and mom, pays R352p/m for Comprehensive Life insurance. Her family will receive a pay-out of R200,000* should she pass away or be diagnosed with a terminal illness.
*T&Cs apply. Premiums and pay-outs displayed above are purely for illustrative purposes. Cover and premiums are dependent on the client’s risk profile. Errors and omissions exempted.
This cover offers you the greatest peace of mind when you’re insuring your vehicle. And as a matter of general interest, vehicle financing institutions usually also require proof of full comprehensive cover for a vehicle they finance – this requirement remaining in force as part of the underlying financing agreement throughout the financing period.
In general, with Comprehensive Car insurance, you’re covered for*:
- Car repair if you are in an accident (excluding your excess payments). The excess is the amount you are liable to pay when you submit a valid claim. A smaller excess means a higher monthly premium; a larger excess means a lower monthly premium. According to the Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) regulations, all insurance companies must consider your financial position when advising on the ideal ratio for your income and expenses.
- Full or part of the damages to any other car(s) in an accident you caused. This is called Third Party Liability cover.
- Fire damage to your car.
- The theft and/or hijacking of your car (some policies do not cover this in full, or cover it with higher excess payments, so check your policy document).
Still not sure about Comprehensive Car insurance?
When choosing an insurance package with dotsure.co.za, we’ll answer any and every question you have, because we believe in #totaltransparency.
Questions to ask:
- What’s covered and what’s not?
- Is the cover of your vehicle limited to a named driver? Also known as a nominated driver policy.
- What’s the excess for drivers under the age of 25? Is there a penalty for young drivers in the event of a claim?
- Do you need a detection device to qualify for theft or hijacking cover?
- Do you get discounts for good driving? dotsure.co.za offers discounts* with the Smartbox in place!
- Is Third Party Liability cover included?
- Which geographical areas are covered?
- Is car hire covered?
- What extra fees do you have to pay when you claim?
- Are emergency benefits included?
- Are the added benefits useful to you?
- Can you manage your policy online?
- Can you choose how much to pay for your cover?
- Is the claims process fast and simple?
Why choose dotsure.co.za comprehensive cover?
- You can get a free quote online in minutes here .
- You can Name Your Price™!
- You can manage your insurance on the dotsure.co.za Manage Portal.
- We’ve been rated the #1 insurance provider in South Africa based on independent reviews on Hellopeter.com**!
- We have a Smart Driver Programme which rewards you for good and responsible driving.
Ready to commit to cover and become part of the dotsure.co.za family that really cares? Simply Name Your Price™ and get a quote for comprehensive life and motor cover NOW! Follow these links for more information on dotsure.co.za motor and life cover.
*T&Cs apply and are obtainable by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Claims decisions subject to factual merits of incident.
**As on Hellopeter.com at time of this article’s publication
Liked this? You’ll love these
September 25, 2020
September 25, 2020
September 25, 2020
September 22, 2020
September 17, 2020
September 10, 2020